The Lewin Group works with the federal government, state agencies, and private health plans to facilitate timely, accurate, and appropriate reimbursement.
The Lewin Group brings together dedicated policy experts — renowned for their intellectual energy, analytical talent, integrity, and commitment to client satisfaction–with experienced reimbursement consultants to detect and mitigate improper payments for the federal government, state agencies, and private health plans.
We facilitate accurate payment for medically necessary and covered services delivered efficiently to eligible beneficiaries. Our work includes fraud and abuse detection and supports timely modifications to payment systems, policies, and methods to reduce payment error.
We work with our clients to provide comprehensive analysis, help them overcome obstacles, and implement effective strategies to facilitate payment integrity.
Payment Accuracy Assessment
- Assess payment accuracy using a variety of quantitative, statistical methods
- Identify system vulnerability
- Validate coding, medical necessity, and reimbursement
Fraud and Abuse Detection
- Develop pre- and postpayment screening models
- Identify outliers
- Develop provider network management strategies
Mitigation Strategies, Including Provider Education
- Design, implement, and evaluate education programs
- Benchmark performance
- Establish medical necessity
"Throughout the engagement, Lewin consultants listened to us and delivered superb analyses and thoughtful guidance–not canned solutions.
— NONPROFIT HEALTH SYSTEM