We analyze policy choices and evaluate program interventions relating to income security and self-sufficiency.
Senior staff members at The Lewin Group have more than two decades’ experience working with a variety of income security programs including welfare, child support enforcement, disability and retirement benefits programs, and food stamps. We study employment, job retention, and career advancement services and help develop approaches to assist clients who face barriers to self-sufficiency.
With our experience, we can provide the data and analytic insight to help government agencies address emerging issues affecting income security progams. Our researchers analyze national and state-level data to understand the effects of policies on client outcomes, conduct process studies to assess how policies and programs are implemented, develop models to understand the dynamics of program caseloads and participation, perform literature reviews to draw conclusions from existing research on human services programs, and more.
Our service offerings encompass the evaluation of program interventions, policy analysis and modeling eligibility for benefits, and technical assistance.
- Assess how programs have been implemented
- Estimate the impact of policy changes and new initiatives
- Conduct cost-benefit analyses
Policy Analysis and Modeling
- Develop microsimulation models to assess the impact, cost, and distributional effects of public policies and programs
- Synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to assess the effect of policies and programs
- Perform needs assessments
- Monitor program compliance and performance
- Develop and employ logic models to improve project management and efficiency
- Design evaluations
"Throughout the engagement, Lewin consultants listened to us and delivered superb analyses and thoughtful guidance–not canned solutions.
— NONPROFIT HEALTH SYSTEM